For the first time, Fred Jourdain opens his vaults and makes available for purchase a series of original drawings and paintings.
For the sake of uniqueness and exclusivity for collectors and art lovers, none of the original works sold in this collection will be reproduced as posters for sale.
Most of the designs presented in this collection are åÊpastels made åÊd ‰ ۪ after åÊlive models. Fred spent 5 weeks in Kansas City in summer 2019 in a creative workshop with a dozen of the most award-winning artists in the history of American illustration. There, several sessions of after-model drawings gave the artist a lively and refreshing experience. ÅÊFred has since made it a habit. Back in Quebec, he attends drawing sessions with models and draws mostly in pastel on paper.
Each drawing has been sprayed with a clear, matt and invisible varnish in order to fix the pigments. It is recommended to frame these designs with a classic spacer or mat to prevent pigments from sticking to the glass. A non-reflective Art-Glass window with UV protection is recommended, especially for pastels produced on colored paper to prevent prolonged exposure to UV rays from dulling the colors. All designs that will be purchased framed will also be mounted dry on acid-free support.
* The dimensions shown and the color of the mat are approximate and may vary slightly.
* Although pastels are protected from a fixative, it is recommended not to touch the colors and to handle with care.
* Since pastel is a messy medium, there may sometimes be fingerprints on the paper.
* Each drawing will be signed and embossed with the artist's seal before being shipped with or without framing.
* The positioning of the signature could be different if the design is sold alone or with a master key.
* The framing of the mat on the images of presentations was proposed by the artist as he would frame it himself.
* Although shipping is free for designs alone and on all products on the site, a fixed charge will be added for framed orders to ensure protective packaging and excess charges associated with shipping insurance.
* The shipping times for the works alone are the same as for the prints, ie a few days only. In the case where the order is placed with supervision, the deadlines are longer, ie two to three weeks.